The shape of your eyebrows contribute a lot to a glamorous look. Brows make your face look sexier, young and beautiful. If your brows aren’t in shape, a dull personna might get reflected. So, it is only fair to say that the shape of your eyebrows can either make or break your look.
Now, the shape of the eyebrows is totally dependent on the shape of your face. Generally there are 6 types of faces namely: oval, long, heart, round, square and diamond. Also, there are 5 main shapes of eyebrows to explore namely: rounded, flat, soft angled and hard angled.
So, how do you pick the eyebrow shape which will work just right for you? Well, we present to you these simple steps which will help you in deciding the perfect shape for you! Check it out!
Identify Your Face Shape:
- Round: The identifying feature for a round face is that your face will be widest at your cheeks.
- Oval: If you are oval faced, your forehead is wider than your chin. Protruding cheekbones and a narrow oval chin is also a striking feature of your face.
- Long: Long face shape has the same width for the cheekbones, forehead and jaw line. Just like oval face shape, long face has a narrow oval chin too.
- Square: Faces that have the same width for cheekbones, jaw line and forehead are said to be square shaped. The face has a square jaw line, which is a striking feature of this shape.
- Heart: Similar to oval face shape, but chin ends to a sharp point in a heart faced shape.
- Diamond: People with this kind of a face have angular features with the face being wider at the temple. The forehead is usually short.
Here, we will be suggesting the perfect eyebrow shapes for the oval faced divas!
Best Eyebrow Shapes For Oval Face:
Oval face is considered ideal. People with oval faces are considered to be lucky as they have a whole range of hairstyles and eyebrow shapes to choose from. Celebrities like Julia Roberts, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba, and Emma Watson have those jaw-dropping oval faces. When it comes to selecting an eyebrow shape for people with this face shape, the classic high arches and soft angled eyebrow shapes are the way to go. These two shapes suit the proportions of an oval face and elevate the features beautifully!
1. Soft Angled Eyebrow Shape:
The soft angled shape is defined, but maintained rounded. They have angles which are not sharp, but have soft curves. The brow peaks are soft and subtle. The shape comes in low, medium and high arches. They can be made ultra thin, thin, medium or thick. If you are looking for a look for the day, you can go for thin and lower arches. For a dramatic look, you can go with thick, high soft angled brow shapes. Soft angled shapes with small arches are preferred; since they add greater femininity. When the arches are high, it gives a younger appearance. Those with strong cheekbones can go with thick brows to complement the face structure. Those with small eyes are advised to go for low arches and those with big eyes can give a shot to high eyebrows. However, care should be taken and the brows shouldn’t be angled too sharp or high.
How To Achieve?
Soft angled shape makes the brow look delicate and soft. It is pretty easy to create soft angled eyebrow shape. The shape goes straight and then softly curves round at the top and down of the eyebrows. Use a lighter shade of brow pencil to get the shape. Alternatively, you can even use a brush. The brush makes the sharp edges soft and makes the brow look soft and natural. This shape tends to make you look tall, if you have an oval face shape. You can even try the eyebrow stencils which are available online in plenty.
2. High Arches:
World famous celebrity Megan Fox has one of the best eyebrow shapes. She usually prefers having thick, high arch brows, which makes her oval shaped face sexier. High arches help to open up your face. This eyebrow shape works perfect for those with oval shape. This shape can be tried on full and thick brows too.
How To Achieve?
Use your eyebrow liner or a brow pencil. The liner or the pencil must be of the same shade as your brows to give a natural look. To create a high arch, find the natural height of your arch. Then with small strokes, draw a line from bottom inner and the outer brow to the top of the arch. This will create a high arch. Then shade your eyebrows with a brown eye shadow using an angle brush. This makes your brow look natural. Use your concealer to make your shading look clean. Finally, use a flat brush to clean any eye shadow fallout on the top and bottom of your eyebrows. There you have it, the perfect High Arches.
Tips To Follow:
Here are few tips which can be used for any kind of eyebrows:
- The eyebrow should always begin at the bridge of the nose. You can hold a paper along the side of the nose bone to find the exact spot.
- Centered arch of eyebrows should be avoided. Thus, it is always recommended to maintain at least two third inches.
- Never over pluck or shorten your eyebrows.
- The eyebrows should always have a sharp end, which helps in giving your eyes an elevated look.
- You can always extend your eyebrows a little longer. But ensure that the tail does not end lower than where the forehead begins.Eyebrows are not always taken seriously by many of us. However, do keep in mind that eyebrows play a crucial look in defining our looks. So, don’t neglect those brows and get the best possible eyebrow shape for your oval face. Go to a good salon and ask an experienced beautician to do her magic!We would love to hear from you! What kind of eyebrow shape do you have? Have you ever thought of changing it? Does it work with your face shape? Do share with us in the comments section below! So go on, let us know what’s in your head!